Statement of Working Practice, Competency & Training
Fire Safety Services is committed to providing high quality service in accordance with established standards and working practice and will always strive to ensure that clients are fully satisfied with the products and services provided. To this end, we have established a Code of Conduct & Ethics as the basis for our approach and all works and general behaviour will be strictly in accordance with the following Fire Safety Services standards.
- All site visits will be completed in accordance with our Procedures for Dealing With Customers During Site Visits and Working In Occupied Premises.
- Technicians are issued with an identification card and will be wearing Fire Safety Services (UK) Ltd uniform and appropriate PPE. In addition, all vehicles carry our Company details and logo.
- The safety of our employees and those they come into contact with is of paramount importance and all activity will be completed in accordance with the Fire Safety Services (UK) Ltd Health & Safety Policy together with any special client requirements.
- Technicians will ensure they have actual experience of the equipment they examine or obtain such information in advance from our knowledge base.
- All Technicians have been assessed under the JIB Electromechanical Certification Scheme and are CRB Checked.
- All Technicians have received extensive and comprehensive training on service and fault finding procedures.
- All Extinguisher Technicians have passed the competency examination as set by either the Fire Industry Association (FIA) or the Independent Fire Engineering & Distributors Association (IFEDA).
- All Fire Systems Technicians are qualified electricians and have passed the competency examination set by the FIA.
- All Technicians are subject to at least half yearly working audits to confirm competency, assess ongoing training requirements and to ensure management controls are effective.
- All Technicians will carry a copy of the Fire Safety Services (UK) Ltd Technicians’ Manual which details actions to be taken in various circumstances and provides the necessary technical information, notices and audit summaries.
- All new fire extinguishers will be Kite Marked approved, comply with BS EN3 and be stamped with the CE Mark.
- Fire Safety Services (UK) Ltd is UKAS accredited to ISO 9001:2008 via SIRA scoped for the sale and service of fire extinguishers and ancillary products. The design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of fire detection and alarm systems. The maintenance of emergency lighting and the maintenance of dry risers.
- Fire Safety Services (UK) Ltd, in conjunction with its professional advisors, is committed to ensuring that all relevant legislation is complied with as it applies to the scope of our activities and employment. All relevant employees are made aware of these undertakings and their obligations and all policies and training are reviewed at least annually.
- Our Fire Risk Assessors are NEBOSH qualified and our Fire Trainers are members of the Institute For Learning.
- Trade Association membership and accreditation includes:
- ISO 9001:2008 (UKAS)
- The Fire Industry Association (FIA)
- NSI Fire Gold
- British Fire Consortium (BFC) – Safe Contractor accredited
- Constructionline accredited
- CHAS accredited
Fire Safety Services (UK) Ltd has its own on site training facilities which are also utilised by both the FIA & BFC for general industry training and examinations. In addition, our Managing Director sits on the FIA Council and participates in working groups to improve and enhance industry performance.